The Public Policy Program offers a minor that provides undergraduate students with interdisciplinary training in applied social sciences.
- ECON 1: Principles of Economics
- ECON 50: Economic Analysis I
- ECON 102A: Introduction to Statistical Methods (Postcalculus) for Social Scientists
- ECON 102B: Applied Econometrics
- PUBLPOL 104: Economic Policy Analysis
- One of the following depending on major degree requirements:
- PUBLPOL 101: Politics and Public Policy
- PUBLPOL 105: Empirical Methods in Public Policy orECON 102C: Advanced Topics in Econometrics
- PUBLPOL 103C: Justice or PUBLPOL 134: Ethics on the Edge: Business, Non-Profit Organizations, Government, and Individuals (PUBLPOL 134 must be taken together with PUBLPOL 103F: Ethics of Truth in a Post-Truth World to fulfill this requirement)
- PUBLPOL 106: Law and Economics orPUBLPOL 154: Politics and Policy in California orPUBLPOL 156: Health Care Policy and Reform
Please note that Public Policy students are never required to take a course which duplicates material they have already mastered. Students may, by petition, substitute a different course for a requirement whose material may be duplicative. This flexibility does not reduce the number of units required for the minor. Because Public Policy minor requirements may vary depending on a student's major requirements, it is required that you review your course plans with a program administrator.