Declaring the Public Policy Major
Students wishing to declare the Public Policy major must complete the following steps:
- Fill out a major declaration form
- Meet with the student services staff and program director to discuss course scheduling, major requirements and faculty advisors — please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started
- Declare the Public Policy major in Axess
Students select their own faculty advisor and submit the faculty adviser form to the Program office, ideally within two quarters of declaring the major but no later than the end of Winter Quarter of their junior year. The director, student services staff, and peer advisers assist by suggesting suitable advisers. Advisers must be approved by the director. The adviser need not be affiliated with the Public Policy Program but does need to be a member of Stanford University’s Academic Council.
Students must submit the concentration form to the Public Policy Program office by the end of Spring Quarter of their junior year. It is common for students to change the concentration or its component courses as they progress through the program. Any changes made to a student’s concentration must be approved by the student’s faculty adviser, and the Program office should be kept informed of such changes.
Declaring the Public Policy Minor
Students wishing to declare the Public Policy minor must complete the following steps:
- Fill out a minor declaration form
- Meet with the student services staff to discuss course scheduling and coordination with major studies - contact email@example.com to get started
- Declare the Public Policy minor in Axess
- Have all applicable programs review the Major-Minor and Multiple Major Course Approval Form and return the form to the University Registrar at the beginning of the quarter during which your degrees are conferred