Photo Courtesy of Newsha Ajami
Studies on the Program's Impact
Sprague, M. & Percy, R. C. (2014). Journal of Public Affairs Education, 20(1), 91-111
Sprague, M. & Hu, O. (2015). Journal of Public Affairs Education, 21(2), 263-280
Student and Client Feedback
- The practicum … perfectly fulfills its "capstone" function, requiring students to synthesize and apply all that they've learned through their Public Policy and Economics courses.
- The experience was very interesting to employers and made it easier for me to find a job in this field of work.
- As a policy analyst, public finance investment banker, and now venture capitalist, all these skills [from the practicum] have been used on an almost daily basis.
- All the recommendations were underpinned and supported by the best science, facts and analysis available on [the] topic.
- The report had an enormously beneficial impact that reverberates to this day.
- The analysis was most useful. [I]t served as a counterpoint to challenge our assumptions on the topic.
- [The project] helped us to understand the reasons why it would not be a good idea to pursue [an initiative we were considering].