There are three Public Policy coterminal application deadlines for the 2012-13 academic year: November 16, 2012, February 22, 2013, and April 26, 2013. Students graduating Spring 2010 or earlier are not eligible. Seniors wishing to apply to the coterminal program must apply during the November or February application cycles. All application materials must either be submitted directly to the Public Policy student services office, SIEPR Gunn Building, first floor, or can be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org Letters of recommendation must include the recommenders' contact information, and if emailed, should be scanned and submitted as PDFs.
Please note that beginning in the 2012-13 academic year, coterminal degree applicants will also need to submit GRE scores.
To apply for admission to the Public Policy coterminal M.A. program, students should submit the following:
- coterminal application;
- 1-2 page statement of purpose;
- a current resume;
- a preliminary program proposal that conforms to the degree requirements for majors or non-majors;
- a statement indicating whether the student intends to later seek an MPP or to cease study after earning the MA;
- a current unofficial undergraduate transcript;
- two letters of recommendation from Stanford faculty familiar with the student's academic work;
- All applicants must have completed (or be currently enrolled in) required preparatory coursework (MATH 51, ECON 1A, 1B, 50, 51, 52, 102A and 102B) prior to application, although exceptions will be made;
- official GRE scores sent to the Public Policy Program and an unofficial copy of GRE scores submitted with the application